Land Line Now, April 1, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
The president announced some of the details of his massive infrastructure plan, which contains $115 billion for highway infrastructure.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
OOIDA wants more transparency on automated vehicles. British Columbia is launching new driver training standards this year. And think April Fool’s jokes are funny? Depends on who you ask.
II. Infrastructure plan a surprising mix
This week, the president announced some of the details of his massive infrastructure plan, while OOIDA made its views know about the federal government’s latest automated vehicle proposal.
III. The latest talk from the Spirit
Jon Osburn is out there on America’s highways, with truckers bending his ear about fuel prices, freight rates, COVID-19 and a bevy of bills in our nation’s capital.
IV. Pennsylvania bridge tolls
Pennsylvania lawmakers continue to pursue public private partnerships and bridge tolls, as well as the use of speed radar by local police.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Uproad is a new app that lets users pay tolls on toll roads in 30 states without having a transponder or cash. Find out what other features the app offers and download from the App store here or Google Play here.
- Starting Friday, Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the Petro in Brazil, Ind. That’s at Exit 23 off Interstate 70. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon also is giving away free protective masks.
- View OOIDA’s complete guide to Regulatory Issues.
- The CDC has made it easier for you to find places offering COVID-19 vaccines near you. Their vaccine finder website even allows you to choose which vaccine you’re looking for. You can find them here.
- Read about state legislation, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.