Land Line Now, Oct. 1, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
The infrastructure bill is entangled in the annual spending bill, budget reconciliation, and the debt limit. We’ll make sense of it all.
I. Today’s news with Scott Thompson
FMCSA’s Medical Review Board recommends relief for truckers caught up in nationwide CPAP recall. ATRI has an idea for pumping money into the dwindling Highway Trust Fund. And the story of a missing man who didn’t know he was missing until finding himself while searching for himself.
II. Roses and Razzberries
From lawmakers who refuse to ante up for truck parking to a federal agency that is suddenly doing something nice for truckers, we’ll tell you who in recent news has been good and who’s been bad, with some Roses and Razzberries.
III. A truck show on ‘Maximum Overdrive’
If you went to GBATS, you couldn’t miss it – an exact replica of the truck that stole the show in the 1986 film “Maximum Overdrive.” We’ll hear from the man who built it from scratch – and the two actors from the film who appeared at GBATS to meet fans.
We’ll also hear about how life used to be on the road – including the challenges faced by women – with OOIDA life members Candy Bass and Richard Conaway. Also, a trucker who spends a lot of time on two wheels as well as on 18 tells us why.
IV. Infrastructure bill mired in the swamp
Yesterday, the laws that allow the U.S. DOT to exist expired, along with all funding for our nation’s highways. And the bipartisan infrastructure bill has become entangled into a mess that includes annual spending bills, the budget reconciliation and the debt limit. We’ll try to make sense of it all and how it could affect you.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Read more on the infrastructure bill: Highway reauthorization expires; FAST Act extension may be next.
- Colorado has rolled out a new version of their travel website. Check it out here.
- Marty Ellis and the Spirit of the American Trucker are at the Petro in Salina, Kan. That’s located at Exit 252 off Interstate 70. Find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- If you want to submit a Rose or Razzberry for our consideration, you can send them here, or visit us on Facebook.
- Be sure to check out the new Fighting for Truckers website. And remember, it’s never too late to contact your lawmakers. You can do that via the website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.