Land Line Now, Jan. 31, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
IFTA is being tracked by some truckers using their ELD – and in many, if not most cases, it’s going to get them in trouble. We’ll have some advice.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Connecticut lawmakers will start down the road toward tolling trucks next week; Illinois wants the tollway to stop oversharing, especially when it’s other people’s information; and saying sorry for chewing out a road construction worker – it’s today’s top trucking stories.
II. IFTA and ELDs – they really don’t go together
Mission creep – the tendency of a project to grow beyond its original objective – is a term often used when we talk about government or technology. And it’s happening now with IFTA and ELDs. We’ll explain the problems that could results from that.
III. California – a land plagued by problems, especially for truckers
Jon Osburn has finished his annual stint in California – a land that he says is plagued by low freight rates, confusion over independent contractors’ status, a chronic lack of truck parking and split speed limits.
IV. Truck driver training delay details
We reported earlier this week that the FMCSA had officially delayed the entry-level driver training rule. Today we’ll offer up some more details.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has scheduled the next Truck to Success course for May 5-7 at the Courtyard by Marriott in Blue Springs, Mo. And the Association will also offer a Shift Into Success class covering business plans March 27 at the Mid America Trucking Show. You can learn more on the OOIDA Online Education website.
- You can also learn more about the classes here: OOIDA offers educational seminars at MATS.
- Find out more about what OOIDA’s Business Assistance department does here.
- Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the TA in Tonopah, Ariz., at Exit 103 on Interstate 10. Find the upcoming Spirit stops here.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website.