Land Line Now, Sept. 2, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Sept. 9 is the start of this year’s Roadcheck safety blitz. So what do you need to know to be ready? Also, freight and rate volatility ahead.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Oral arguments are heard in the case against California’s AB 5 law; the ATA and Rhode Island trade shots over truck only tolls; and he might as well have left an arrow pointing the way.
II. How to be ready for Roadcheck
On Sept. 9, inspectors will fan out across North America to conduct level 1 inspections on trucks as part of CVSA’s Roadcheck. So what do you need to know in order to be ready? We’ll have the answers.
III. Freight – good now; volatility ahead
Freight and rates closed out August on a high note as Hurricane Laura tightened capacity, but volatility is the name of the game going forward.
IV. House looks into Paycheck Protection Program problems
When the government set up the Paycheck Protection Program, it was meant to help small businesses survive the economic chaos caused by the pandemic. However, a U.S. House investigation shows much of the money ended up elsewhere.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker are at the Petro in Albert Lea, Minn., at Exit 11 off Interstates 90 and 35. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon has free face masks as well as pneumonia and shingles vaccine vouchers.
- See what OOIDA’s Business Services Department offers here. And you can contact them at 816-229-5791.
- Get more information about the freight market. And you can find loads at OOIDA Members Edge.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.