Land Line Now, Aug. 11, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Truckers think most new safety technology isn’t so great for safety. Meanwhile, a study says truckers with treated medical conditions are among the safest.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
OOIDA urges speedy action on cross-border trucking, a wildfire shuts down I-70 in Colorado, and…Hey Netflix, welcome to Hell!
II. Safety technology earns a thumbs down
Truckers think the bulk of new safety technology isn’t so great for safety, according to a new study. Meanwhile, another study says more-experienced truckers with treated medical conditions are among the safest on the road.
III. Paying for local transportation
Local governments, like government at all other levels, are struggling to fund basic transportation needs. And Massachusetts and Michigan are among the states acting to solve the problem.
IV. Time running low for highway bill
The clock is ticking toward the deadline to have a new highway bill in place. We’ll explain what Congress is doing to meet that deadline.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- Registration for this year’s Shell Rotella SuperRigs competition is now open. You can register online here.
- You can find the latest information on road closures in Iowa here.
- OOIDA virtual Truck to Success seminar scheduled for Oct. 26-28.
- Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker are at the Petro in Portage, Wis., at Exit 108A on Interstates 90 and 94. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon also has face masks if you’re in need.
- Find out more about the OOIDA Foundation.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.