LLN (7/12/18) – You might wonder how the EPA’s glider kit decision affects you. We’ll have the answer. Plus, a pilot program for interstate truckers under age 21; an effort to overturn increased fuel tax and other fees to pay for road work in California. We’ll also discuss the growing problem of fraudulent brokers.
0:00 – 10:10 – Newscast
10:10 – 24:52 – Glider kits; automated vehicles; under 21 drivers
24:52 – 39:43 – California fuel tax; upcoming truck shows
39:43 – 49:54 – Fraudulent brokers; Operation Safe Driver
Normally, the dog days of summer are a slow time for activity in Congress and elsewhere in our nation’s capital. But action is underway on glider kits, automated vehicles and allowing interstate truckers under the age of 21. Mark Reddig finds out how the EPA’s glider kit decision affects you from OOIDA’s Manager of Federal Affairs Jay Grimes.
- View OOIDA’s complete guide to Regulatory Issues;
- If you have questions you would like answered you can call our Listener Comment Line at 800-324-6856.
Voters in California this fall will get the final word on whether they want to keep vehicle tax and fee increases imposed a year ago. Mark Reddig talks to state legislative experts Mike Matousek and Keith Goble. To read about legislation in a particular state, visit the OOIDA Legislative page.
A new problem is cropping up, one that could cost you a lot of money – fraudulent brokers. Mark Reddig covers that – plus the CVSA’s Operation Safe Driver, one of their many annual enforcement blitzes – with OOIDA Director of Safety and Security Operations Doug Morris.
- You can check SAFER System to make sure you are dealing with legitimate brokers;
- And you can contact Doug at email@example.com or 800-444-5791 Ext. 4203
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that at FightingForTruckers.com.
- To call members of Congress, dial 202-224-3121;
- Read OOIDA’s Guide to Contacting Lawmakers.