LLN (8/13/18) – We’ll have more information about how ELDs are affecting truckers. Also tonight, OOIDA is celebrating its 45th anniversary this year, and Land Line Magazine is marking the occasion; and a New York Times editorial detailing some of the worst problems in the trucking industry.
0:00 – 10:10 – Newscast
10:10 – 24:52 – How ELDs affect truckers
24:50 – 40:11 – OOIDA 45th anniversary
40:11 – 50:24 – NY Times gets it right on trucking
Will K. Denton of St. Anthony, Ind., has been recognized by the Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association for 21 years of safe, accident-free driving as part of the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
Mark Reddig recently spoke with Andrew King of the OOIDA Foundation about the preliminary results of a survey on how ELDs are affecting truckers. Today, Andrew returns with more complete information.
- Find out more about the OOIDA Foundation;
- Check out what else OOIDA Online Business Education program has to offer;
- See all the classes offered by OOIDA
OOIDA is celebrating its 45th anniversary this year, and Land Line Magazine is marking the occasion with a special issue. Terry Scruton talks with Jami Jones and Mark Schremmer.
- If you’re a trucker not receiving the magazine and you’d like to you can sign up here. It’s free!
- You can also subscribe to the Land Line News Nightcap.
- Check out Land Line Magazine online.
Over the weekend, The New York Times detailed some of the worst problems in the trucking industry. So what effect might the article have on the industry and those problems? Mark Reddig talks with Nile Elam of OOIDA’s Washington, D.C., office.
- You can read the article from the New York Times here;
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that at FightingForTruckers.com.
- To call members of Congress, dial 202-224-3121;
- Read OOIDA’s Guide to Contacting Lawmakers.