Land Line Now, March 10, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Truck parking is the topic of a bill now before Congress – one that would increase the number of spaces. But how do you get it through the House and Senate?
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Oil prices stay at record lows for the second day in a row; Pennsylvania expands the spotted lanternfly quarantine zone; and some joyriding cops are foiled by technology – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. Another way the scammers get you
Predatory lending companies use a number of tactics when they target trucking operations, including what’s known as a merchant cash advance, or MCA. We’ll explain what they’re doing and what you can do to avoid getting caught.
III. States target daylight saving time
In recent years, the majority of U.S. states have tried to do away with the annual switch to daylight saving time. This year is no different.
IV. Truck parking – how do you explain the problem?
And finally: A bill now before Congress will provide states money to expand the number of truck parking spaces. But how do you get something through a hyperpartisan Congress where little passes? The answer may be … you.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- You can find information on the spotted lanternfly quarantine and regulations on the OOIDA Foundation website.
- OOIDA’s TRACER system has issued an alert on a stolen 2009 Kenworth T660. Find more information on the TRACER website or call 202-246-2698 if you have information.
- Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the Petro in Jackson, Miss., Exit 45A on Interstate 20. Find the upcoming Spirit stops here.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
- There’s been a truck parking breakthrough in Washington.
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website.