Land Line Now, July 20, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
How do you improve highway safety? A cadre of carriers, drivers, tech companies, safety groups and federal officials will soon meet to find the answers.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
A trucker leads police on a chase in Cincinnati; wildfires shut down interstates in two states; and traffic in D.C. has gone to the dogs – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. Spencer, common sense and highway safety
OOIDA President Todd Spencer preached some common sense at a recent highway safety meeting. Also, a financial expert talks about how to invest Paycheck Protection Program loan money once it’s forgiven.
III. Keeping insurance costs down
The cost of insurance is going back up again. We’ll explain why, and offer tips on what you can do to lower them.
IV. Highway safety summit is back on
A cadre of motor carriers, truck drivers, technology companies, safety groups and federal officials will soon meet to discuss how to improve safety in the trucking industry.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has set up an online resource to provide direct access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 – Facts for Truckers logo on the OOIDA or Land Line Media websites.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- Florida DOT to host hybrid meetings on toll roads. You can find information about all the meetings here.
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Starting Tuesday, Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker will be at the Petro in Monee, Ill., at Exit 335 on Interstate 57. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon also has face masks if you’re in need.
- Find out more information about OOIDA’s Truck Insurance.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.