LLN (6/28/19) – The hours of service has been at the White House for 90 days – and it could be longer. We’ll have an update. Also, a level of government you may not even be aware of has a huge influence on whether enough truck parking is available in a particular area. Meanwhile, before you bring your truck into a shop, you need to make sure you’re getting a fair deal. And Jon Osburn is dealing with questions about hours of service, truck parking – and whatever that was that just walked by his truck.
0:00-9:57 – Newscast
9:57-24:42 – How one type of government affects parking
24:42-39:40 – Repair shop advice; what’s up at the spirit
39:40-49:24 – Hours of service update
- The record-setting Mother’s Day Truck Convoy for the Make-A-Wish Foundation in Pennsylvania is looking for a new home. Anyone with information on a possible new location is being asked to call Ben Lee at 717-283-4878.
- Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the J.D. “Doc” Osburn TA in Boise, Idaho. That’s at Exit 54 on Interstate 84. Stop in, say hi to Jon and Sassi, and join OOIDA for a $10 discount.
- See the full Spirit Schedule.
- Read about Jon’s latest adventures here: The skipper of The Spirit heads home to Boise, Idaho.
- The OOIDA Foundation has EPA grants to pay for 25 percent of the cost for an APU. Drivers need to have a model year 1996 through 2006 truck, and be based in Kansas, Missouri, Iowa or Nebraska. OOIDA membership is not required, but OOIDA members can get discounts on EPA-approved units. Go to OOIDAFoundation.org for details. Find more information at the OOIDA Foundation website.
A level of government you may not even be aware of has a huge influence on whether enough truck parking is available in a particular area. Mark Reddig talks with OOIDA Life Member Scott Grenerth of TSPS, a company that provides truck parking services.
- To learn more about TSPS, go to their website: http://www.TSPS.IO.
- You can also look over or use their truck parking reservation system at RigRest.com.
- Read the latest edition of Land Line Magazine staff writer Tyson Fisher’s The Parking Zone – June 2019.
Before you bring your truck into a shop, you need to make sure you’re getting a fair deal. Mark Reddig gets some advice from Adam Kleinschmidt of OOIDA’s Business Services Department.
- Be sure to check out OOIDA Compliance Connection online.
- You can find out more about what OOIDA’s Business Assistance department does, here.
- And you can contact them at 816-229-5791.
Jon Osburn is dealing with questions about hours of service, truck parking – and whatever that was that just walked by his truck. Mark talks with the man who drives the Spirit of the American Trucker.
It’s been more than 90 days now since the hours of service changes arrived at the White House Office of Management and Budget for review. And it’s possible it could be longer. Mark Reddig gets an update from Jay Grimes of OOIDA’s Washington, D.C. office.
- Read the latest on the hours of service: Notice of proposed rulemaking for hours of services reaches 90-day mark at OMB;
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that at FightingForTruckers.com.
- To call members of Congress, dial 202-224-3121.
- Read OOIDA’s Guide to Contacting Lawmakers.