Land Line Now, May 27, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
The FMCSA has extended the pandemic-related emergency waivers for hours of service and CDLs and delayed changes to the medical exam system.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
The FMCSA extends its emergency declaration and medical waivers. Truckers have another opportunity to get vaccinated. And have you heard about the bird?
II. Hours of service waiver goes a little longer
The FMCSA has extended the pandemic-related emergency waivers for hours of service and CDLs and delayed some changes to the certified medical examiner system.
III. Two states wrangle with road funding
Colorado’s state Senate has give its OK to an effort to spend nearly $4 billion dollars on transportation, while Missouri’s effort to increase fuel taxes could face a challenge at the ballot box.
IV. Can technology solve everything?
Every now and again, safety advocates or federal regulators find some new technology for trucks that they think will solve everything. But few of them have solved much of anything. We’ll cover that – plus some warnings about ransomware attacks on businesses.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Find vaccine clinic information
- Starting Saturday, Marty Ellis and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the Petro in Raphine, Va. That’s at Exit 205 off Interstates 81 and 64. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- See OOIDA’s complete guide to Regulatory Issues.
- To read about state legislation, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News by State.
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.