LLN (2/26/19) – The FMCSA’s Ray Martinez said publicly that the agency is moving forward with hours-of-service reform. Also, a Louisiana carrier has turned a truck into a tribute to fallen police officers. Meanwhile, OOIDA asks Missouri lawmakers to curb outrageous towing bills. Uber Freight is giving truckers the chance to rate shippers. And FMCSA wants your comments on an hours-of service exemption request.
0:00-9:41 – Newscast
9:41-24:25 – Tribute truck; Uber Freight ratings
24:25-39:22 – Mo. Towing reform; HOS exemption request
39:22-49:08 – FMCSA moving on hours-of service reform
- Paccar is recalling certain 2018 and 2019 model year Kenworth and Peterbilt trucks with automated manual transmissions. An internal component in the clutch assembly may fail, resulting in unintended vehicle movement.
- You can read more from Land Line Magazine: Paccar recalls more than 25,000 trucks over clutch issue.
- Or check the NHTSA website for more information. The recall number is 18V-931.
- OOIDA’s TRACER system has issued an alert on a stolen truck. The black 2012 Volvo VN VNL has “Red Bird Carriers” written on the sides, along with a picture of a red bird with a yellow beak. The truck was last seen on W. 1st in Roselle, N.J. A $500 reward is offered for information leading to its recovery.
- A pair of efforts underway in both chambers at the Florida statehouse would ban the state, as well as counties and municipalities, from using red-light cameras. Read more: States pursue or approve red-light, speed camera rule changes.
A Louisiana carrier has turned a truck into a tribute to fallen police officers. Terry Scruton talks with Cully Frisard, president of Frisard Companies. Also, Uber Freight is giving truckers the chance to rate shippers. Terry talks with Uber’s Kate Kaufman and Xinfeng Le.
OOIDA has asked Missouri lawmakers to curb outrageous towing bills. Mary McKenna talks with our state legislative expert, Mike Matousek. Also, FMCSA wants your comments on an hours of service exemption request. Mary and Mark Reddig have that and other important notices from our bulletin board.
- Learn more about the towing issue in Missouri: OOIDA testifies in support of Missouri towing bill.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit the OOIDA Legislative page.
The FMCSA’s Ray Martinez said publicly that the agency is moving forward with hours-of-service reform. Mark Reddig talks with Collin Long of OOIDA’s Washington, D.C., office.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that at FightingForTruckers.com.
- To call members of Congress, dial 202-224-3121.
- Read OOIDA’s Guide to Contacting Lawmakers.
- Learn more about Hours of Service reform: