Land Line Now, Jan. 22, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
The transportation secretary nominee’s confirmation hearing included hot trucking topics, such as sleeper berth rules and hours of service.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
OOIDA seeks tax relief for truckers. The nominee for transportation secretary speaks out on the Highway Trust Fund. And the squirrels have gone nuts.
II. 2020 wasn’t so bad for trucking economics
Between the pandemic, lockdowns and closures, 2020 was a rough year, but it wasn’t all bad news, and trucking came out of it in pretty good shape.
III. California, split speeds and sit-down dinners
Jon Osburn is in California hearing about some familiar California issues – such as the huge split speed limit. But he also continues his search for the elusive sit-down dinner.
IV. Hours of service among topics at confirmation hearing
Pete Buttigieg’s confirmation hearing included some important trucking topics, such as the sleeper berth, hours of service and how we pay for highways.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the TA in Barstow, Calif. That’s at Exit 178 off Interstate 15. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon is also giving away free protective masks.
- Find out more about Transport Futures on their website.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.