Land Line Now, Sept. 24, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Next week, changes to the hours of service go into effect. We’ll offer some details, plus an update on another possible stimulus bill.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
A new bill looks to regulate autonomous vehicles; California takes aim at gas powered cars and trucks; and the mystery of the truck driving elephant – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. More time to renew CDLs
The FMCSA is giving more time for truckers to renew their CDLs and medical certifications because of the pandemic. Plus, a second attempt at a driver training exemption and an effort to clarify who is or is not an independent contractor.
III. Pennsylvania no-insurance penalties
Pennsylvania may relax the penalties for driving a personal vehicle without insurance – and may adopt a federal weight exemption for electric battery-powered large vehicles.
IV. Hours of service – the clock is ticking
Next week, changes to the hours-of-service regulations will go into effect. We’ll explain how that will happen, and offer an update on another possible stimulus bill.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- Friday night a special live streaming version of GBATS will take place on the 4 State Trucks Facebook and Youtube.
- OOIDA web conferencing Truck to Success course is scheduled for Oct. 26-28.
- Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker are at 4 State Trucks in Joplin, Mo., located at Exit 4 off Interstate 44. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon has free face masks as well as pneumonia and shingles vaccine vouchers.
- You can find OOIDA’s complete guide to Regulatory Issues here.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.