Land Line Now, Aug. 31, 2020
Breaking down the proposed pilot program that could open the door for additional HOS regulatory relief. Plus, a trucker visits the White House.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
The FMCSA is studying more flexibility in HOS regulations; oral arguments begin tomorrow in the case against California’s worker classification law; and it’s police vs. pigs in Indiana.
II. Trucker meets president at White House
An owner-operator has now visited the White House two times in less than two months. We go over his latest visit, which included a conversation with the president and a primetime appearance on primetime TV.
III. Why are my insurance rates going up?
If your insurance rates have gone up, it might not have anything to do with your driving record. What could be driving up your bill?
IV. HOS pilot program
Breaking down the FMCSA’s latest announcement of a possible pilot program that would introduce more changes to hours-of-service regulations.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cell phone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- Read the FMCSA regional emergency declaration for Hurricane Laura and Tropical Storm Marco.
- The routing hotline number for Hurricane Laura is 833-99Roads (833-997-6237).
- For road information regarding hurricane-related closures in Louisiana, click here or Texas, click here.
- If you suspect an employer is not complying with labor regulations, you can file a complaint online.
- Starting Wednesday, Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker will be at the Petro in Albert Lea, Minn., at Exit 11 off Interstate 35. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon has free face masks as well as pneumonia and shingles vaccine vouchers.
- Find out more information about OOIDA’s Truck Insurance.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.