Land Line Now, Jan. 11, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
A Minnesota truck driver will enter the national spotlight this month as he becomes the face of a soda company’s “Unsung Heroes” campaign.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
NHTSA expands an automated vehicle initiative. The FMCSA wants to revise the vision rules for truckers. And it’s that time of year: the fantasy football bets are coming due.
II. ‘Unsung Hero’ honored
A Minnesota truck driver will enter the national spotlight this month as he becomes the face of a soda company’s “Unsung Heroes” campaign. Also, a new prototype is designed to reduce slip-and-fall accidents among truck drivers, while the St. Christopher Truckers Relief Fund has an update on their ambitious 2020 fundraising goal.
III. Endorsements and saving money
Reading over an insurance contract is nobody’s idea of a good time, but it’s one of those that will keep you out of trouble down the line. That includes knowing about endorsements, and how that could save you a lot of money.
IV. Efforts to solve towing problem continue
And finally: Massive towing bills continue to be a serious problem for truckers in many parts of the country. We’ll have an update on several efforts to solve those difficulties.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Washington and Oregon DOTs are hosting three virtual meetings this month to discuss the Interstate Bridge Replacement program on Interstate 5 between the two states. You can find more information here.
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the Petro in Corning, Calif. That’s at Exit 630 off Interstate 5. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon is also giving away free protective masks.
- In February, St. Christopher Truckers Relief Fund starts its Driving Down Diabetes program designed to help prevent diabetes by supporting a healthy lifestyle. You can find more information about the program or make a donation here.
- Find out more information about OOIDA’s Truck Insurance.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.