Land Line Now, Nov. 6, 2019
Click the play button to hear our latest podcast
Christmas is coming, and holiday retail freight is arriving at the California ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach – so how will you benefit? Also, advice for an ELD outage.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
What’s going on in current events that can affect your life? Terry has the lowdown. (10 minutes)
II. Coping with an ELD outage
Find out what you need to know if you’re affected by the recent ELD outage. Also, a Canadian Truck Convoy for Special Olympics hits a million-dollar milestone. (14 minutes)
III. Joy to the World! The freight is here …
It’s beginning to look a lot like … well, Christmas freight, as holiday retail products pour into West Coast ports. Also, the U.S. has a petroleum trade surplus – the first in 40 years – and diesel prices are down a tiny bit. (14 1/2 minutes)
IV. Billion-dollar bus pass
Houston will spend billions; Maine will fix some roads; and the political landscape is changing, which could affect all kinds of trucking topics. We’ll have election results. (9 1/2 minutes)
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cell phone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Find out about EPA grants to help buy an APU at the OOIDA Foundation website.
- Call OOIDA’s Business Services at 816-229-5791.
- Get more information about the freight market;
- Read more: DAT Solutions: Spot van rates (finally) pick up as holiday freight gets moving.
- Take action on the OOIDA Call to Action to Ohio Members;
- Keep up to date on fuel prices;
- Read about this week’s diesel prices: Rocky Mountains see diesel fuel price jump of 8 cents.
- More election results: Voters in three states settle transportation questions.
- It’s easy to get involved in the fight.