Land Line Now, Nov. 4, 2019
Click the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Does FMCSA have some “hidden requirements” for ELDs? Well, kind of. Also, diesel is getting bad rap – we’ll explain why it deserves better.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Today’s newscast with everything that working truckers need to know (10 Minutes)
II. Diesel’s bad rap, and why it shouldn’t have it
Near-zero emissions diesel? Reduced emissions? Fuel savings? A diesel tech expert explains why that bad rap needs to go away. Also, the unintended consequences of repealing the tax on new trucks. (14 minutes)
III. ‘Hidden requirements’ for ELDs?
First, some unusual requirements of different types of liability coverage. Then, does FMCSA have some “hidden requirements” for ELDs? Well the answer is – kind of. (14 1/2 minutes)
IV. A little corporate welfare, anyone?
How carriers in Ohio could get a tax credit for adding to a mess they made. Plus, working toward access for a type of insurance used by many truckers. (9 1/2 minutes)
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cell phone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- The Nassau County, N.Y., Police Department is seeking information in the robbery of a truck driver in Hicksville. Call 1-800-244-TIPS.
- The California Highway Patrol wants information on a truck driver who left the scene of an accident after woman was impaled in the leg by a metal bar. Call 916-681-2300.
- View recent Safe Driving Award recipients: OOIDA recognizes drivers for safe driving records.
- Find out more information about OOIDA’s Truck Insurance
- Be sure to check out OOIDA Compliance Connection
- To call members of Congress, dial 202-224-3121.
- Keep up-to-date and share your views with lawmakers on the Fighting for Truckers website.