Land Line Now, Nov. 10, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Veterans – even those who have worked in government – can find the system hard to navigate. Veterans Community Project is there to help.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
It’s Day 2 of the 2020 OOIDA Truckers for Troops campaign. OOIDA says no way to hair testing mandate; a court sides with the FMCSA in a dispute with a trucking company; and an Amazon driver gets a hole in one.
II. Helping veterans through the red tape.
You might think someone who has held statewide office would know how to navigate the system. But even people with that experience sometimes need help, and the Veterans Community Project is there.
III. What a care package means to our troops.
Since the start of Truckers for Troops, has prioritized showing our support to U.S. troops by sending care packages paid for by your donations. And that continues. We’ll hear from one of our troops who received a care package.
IV. Truckers step up to help veterans
And we’ll check in with OOIDA’s Membership Department, where your calls are coming in, to find out what truckers are saying as they take part in Truckers for Troops.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Learn how you can take part in Truckers for Troops and show your support for our troops overseas and veterans here at home.
- Call 816-229-5791 anytime during business hours. After hours, call that same number and press 1 to leave your name and phone number. OOIDA’s Membership Department will call you back during business hours.
- Sign up or renew online – just put the word “troops” in the space for promo code.
- Vince Morales of Veterans Community Project has a podcast titled “Classes of Veteran,” in which he talks with fellow vets and gets their stories. You can listen to episodes here.
- Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker are at the Petro in Columbia, S.C., located at Exit 5 off Interstate 77. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon Osburn is also giving away free protective masks.