Land Line Now, March 9, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
If you’re one of the many drivers who carry a handgun in the cab, even if you are following the law, you could find yourself in trouble.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Diesel hits its highest average in almost two years. 2021 should be a big year for freight movement. And that’s one way to get out of a traffic jam.
II. Handgun in the cab could lead to problems
If you’re one of the many drivers who carry a handgun in the cab, even if you are following the letter of the law, you could find yourself in trouble. Also, what is the biggest mistake truckers make after getting a traffic ticket in their personal vehicles?
III. States eye adding tolls
For several years now, various states have battled over whether or not to use tolls to raise money for road work. Now, seven states have joined the list of those considering or opposing tolling their highways.
IV. D.C. readies for fight over infrastructure
The White House wants Congress to take the lead on infrastructure; an important senator wants it to be bipartisan; and others in Congress want to bring back earmarks to make the process easier.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cell phone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the Petro in Shreveport, La. That’s at Exit 8 off Interstate 20. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon also is giving away free protective masks.
- You can get more information from Road Law here or send an email here.
- Read about state legislation, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State.
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.