For decades now, truckers have been shut out from receiving overtime pay due to an exemption in the Fair Labor Standards Act – but a new bill called the Guaranteeing Overtime for Truckers Act would change that. The bill’s sponsor, Rep. Andy Levin of Michigan, tells us what inspired the GOT Truckers Act and what it would do.
Today’s News: Diesel prices see-saw back up again
Plus, a ban is now in place on Russian and Belarusian freight operators in the European Union; and those convicted of human trafficking are now prohibited from driving a CMV in Mississippi.
More states mull fuel tax relief measures
Some are considering fuel tax holidays, while others have rebates in mind. We take a run through the list and break down what the changes could mean for truckers.
OOIDA successes, priorities on the state level
The OOIDA board of directors is together this week for its biannual meeting. They will get a rundown of the Association’s wins and its priorities on the state level. We get a preview of what they will hear.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Starting April 24, Marty Ellis and the Spirit of the American Trucker will be at the Petro in Gary, Ind. That’s at Exit 9 off Interstates 80 and 94. Find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- To read about state legislation, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News by State.
- View the most recent notices on the Bulletin Board.
- Remember, it’s never too late to contact your lawmakers. You can do that via the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- Find out how to listen to Land Line Now on TNC Radio.
- You can donate to the Truckers for Troops fund all year.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.