Land Line Now, Jan. 13, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Getting your own authority means a lot of regulatory requirements, but truckers need to take care of business matters in order to succeed.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Rough weather leads to hazardous driving conditions in parts of the country; Todd Spencer is once again tapped for the Motor Carrier Safety Advisory Committee; and wanted: professional binge watchers.
II. The business side of getting your own authority
Recently on the show, we discussed all the things you have to do – legally speaking – in order to operate under your own authority. However, to succeed under your own authority, you have to attend to a number of important business factors.
III. Health issues and market trends
We’ll hear about one man’s own experience with an increasingly common driver health issue, as well as the latest freight and rate trends shaping the market.
IV. PPP is back, and focusing on small business
The Paycheck Protection Program is back, and this time, federal officials are trying to tighten the focus on small businesses.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- A landslide brought on by heavy rains and flash-flooding closed down eastbound lanes of I-84 near Troutdale, Ore., indefinitely. Visit the Oregon DOT’s road and weather conditions map for the latest information.
- Women in Trucking is conducting a driver pregnancy study. Find out more and take the survey here.
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Starting Friday, Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the TA in Santa Nella, Calif. That’s located at Exit 407 off Interstate 5. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon is also giving away free protective masks.
- See everything OOIDA’s Business Services Department has to offer here. And you can contact them at 816-229-5791.
- Get more information about the freight market. And you can find loads at OOIDA Members Edge.
- For more information on SBA’s assistance to small businesses click here or here.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.