LLN (10/11/18) – We’ll discuss the procedures truckers must follow for getting aide to hurricane victims. Also, OOIDA will offer a live business seminar next year for owner-operators. Pennsylvania may get speed enforcement cameras. And updated information is out on the TWIC program.
0:00 – 10:11 – Newscast
10:11 – 24:41 – New business seminar planned
24:42 – 39:11 – Pennsylvania speed cameras
39:11 – 49:21 – Hurricane aide; TWIC update
- OOIDA has recognized John Redding, III of Marshalltown, Iowa, for 29 years of safe, accident-free driving . Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
Years ago, OOIDA offered a live seminar for truckers who were getting their own authority, walking them through the basics of how to start their own business. Now, the Association is going to offer the live class again. Terry Scruton talks with the Association’s Executive Vice President Lewie Pugh.
- You can find out more about OOIDA’s Truck to Success training here.
- View OOIDA’s complete guide to Regulatory Issues.
- Have questions? Call our Listener Comment Line at 800-324-6856.
- Related coverage: OOIDA offers Truck to Success business class March 12-14.
Pennsylvania lawmakers have sent the governor a bill that would open the door to speed enforcement cameras in the state. Terry talks with our state legislative expert, Keith Goble.
- Read more from Land Line Magazine, Pennsylvania lawmakers send governor bill to permit speed cameras.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit the OOIDA Legislative page.
Truckers are already on the way to Florida and surrounding states with aide for those affected by Hurricane Michael. Mark Reddig discusses the procedures in place to get them safely there with OOIDA Director of Safety and Security Operations Doug Morris.
- If you have loads going to any of the affected areas, you need to call 850-815-4925 or go to floridadisaster.biz.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that at FightingForTruckers.com.
- To call members of Congress, dial 202-224-3121.
- Read OOIDA’s Guide to Contacting Lawmakers.
- Related coverage:
- DAT SOLUTIONS: Hurricane Michael dampens demand on the spot market.
- HURRICANE MICHAEL: Downgraded storm leaves path of destruction on roadways.
- HURRICANE MICHAEL: Strongest storm in Florida Panhandle history makes landfall.
- Southeast prepares for Hurricane Michael, ‘most destructive storm … in decades.’