LLN (3/6/19) – Income tax season is upon us and if you haven’t gotten started yet, it’s not too late. Also, rates slipped across the country for all types of equipment last week. Meanwhile, oil prices slipped with the surprising news of U.S. oil stockpiles outpacing OPEC production cuts. And a House committee discusses our crumbling highways and how to pay to fix them.
0:00-9:26 – Newscast
9:26-24:13 – Income tax
24:13-39:07 – Rates slip; Oil prices down
39:07-48:52 – Highway funding
- Leave your questions for Bryan Martin, boss man at the Chrome Shop Mafia, with us. Join Land Line Now at booth 11128 in the North Wing at the Mid America Trucking Show, where we’ll have an open mic set up for you – your question may get answered by Bryan on our show. You can register for MATS here.
- A reminder that you can use paper logs for up to eight days while you’re having issues with your device. But after that, you need to request an extension. To request an extension, send a message via email to ELD-Extension@dot.gov.
- The 2019 Work Truck Show got underway this morning in Indianapolis. Sponsored by NTEA – The association for the work truck industry – the show features hundreds of exhibitors, including Kenworth, Mack, Volvo, Peterbilt and Ford showing off the latest in class 1 through 7 trucks. The Work Truck Show continues through Friday in Indianapolis. You can find more information online here.
- The Stop Underrides Act has been reintroduced in Congress. The bill – which would require side and front underride guards on trucks – was introduced earlier this week by Senators Kirsten Gillibrand and Marco Rubio. Read more: Stop Underrides Act reintroduced in House, Senate.
- Alabama Governor Kay Ivey has extended a state of emergency that began in February. Read more: Trump declares emergency in Alabama; HOS regs lifted for relief drivers.
Income tax season is upon us and if you haven’t gotten started yet, it’s not too late. Terry Scruton gets some advice from John Ewing of The Trucker’s Helper.
- For more information, check out their website TruckersHelper.com.
Rates slipped across the country for all types of equipment last week. Mary McKenna talks with Peggy Dorf with DAT.
- Visit the DAT website.
- Or you can call them at 800-547-5417.
- Be sure to check out their blog.
- Chat with them on Twitter.
- And find out more on the OOIDA Members Edge website.
- You can call OOIDA Members Edge at 866-487-8253.
Also, oil prices slipped with the surprising news of U.S. oil stockpiles outpacing OPEC production cuts. Mary has our weekly update.
- Here is this week’s price report by Land Line Magazine, Diesel fuel prices creep up again this week.
- Find Daily Fuel Prices by ProMiles.
- To see how to compute your own fuel surcharge use OOIDA’s online Fuel Surcharge Calculator.
- To download OOIDA’s fuel surcharge app for Android Smartphones, click here.
Earlier today, the House committee in charge of taxes discussed our crumbling highways and how to pay to fix them. Mark Reddig gets an update from Collin Long of OOIDA’s Washington, D.C., office.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that at FightingForTruckers.com.
- To call members of Congress, dial 202-224-3121.
- Read OOIDA’s Guide to Contacting Lawmakers.