Land Line Now, Oct. 26, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Fuel prices are rising. We’ll discuss navigating fuel surcharges, how to save money when prices rise, and the importance of locking gas caps.
I. Today’s news with Greg Grisolano
A massive Nor’easter takes aim at the East Coast. Diesel fuel prices jump up for the sixth straight week. And the ghostly wail of an American landmark.
II. Fuel surcharges and saving money – coping with tough times
The rising cost of fuel isn’t lost on anyone these days, but you don’t have to be losing out. We’ll discuss navigating fuel surcharges, how to save money when prices go up, and the importance of locking gas caps.
III. Maine road bonds on the ballot
In less than two weeks, Maine voters will decide whether to use bonds for highway repairs, while lawmakers in Michigan would make life a little easier for timber haulers who work in both that states and Wisconsin.
IV. Infrastructure bill’s stop-and-start progress continues
This is supposed to be the week when Congress finally passes the bipartisan infrastructure bill, but continuing conflict over a budget reconciliation bill may mean another extension of highway programs.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Truckers can receive vouchers for free flu, pneumonia and shingles vaccinations. Email the St. Christopher Fund at Julie@TruckersFund.org or call 865-544-8145.
- Starting Wednesday, Marty Ellis and the Spirit of the American Trucker will be at the Petro in Fargo, N.D. That’s at Exit 348 off Interstate 94. Find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- You can find OOIDA’s Cost Per Mile Spreadsheet and Fuel Surcharge Calculator
- See everything OOIDA’s Business Services Department has to offer here. And you can contact them at 816-229-5791.
- To read about state legislation, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News by State.
- View the most recent notices on the Bulletin Board.
- Be sure to check out the new Fighting for Truckers website. And remember, it’s never too late to contact your lawmakers. You can do that via the website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.