The price of fuel is doubtless the No. 1 topic in the industry right now, with record prices at the pump. And that means truckers need to think about how to recover some of that expense. And that may require a fuel surcharge.
Listen to our full show
The price of fuel is doubtless the No. 1 topic in the industry right now, and recovering some of that expense may require a fuel surcharge. Also, items 1, 2 and 3 in trucking news right now might be fuel prices. In a roundtable discussion, Jami Jones and Mark Schremmer of Land Line Magazine talk about what’s driving the news right now – from fuel prices and fuel surcharges to the convoy in D.C. and hours-of-service challenges. And an effort to reform police-dispatched towing in Maryland continues to move forward. We’ll take a look at where that stands, and take a look at OOIDA’s 2022 state legislative agenda.
Catch up on the news with Scott Thompson
OOIDA joins a host of other organizations to explore concerns over regulations on older truck engines in California. $60.6 billion dollars from the 2022 omnibus appropriations package will go toward rebuilding crumbling roads, highways and bridges. And Pennsylvania Senator Doug Mastriano attended a rally over the weekend to show his support for the People’s Convoy.
News roundtable: fuel surcharge, convoys and more
There’s a lot going on in trucking news right now and items 1, 2 and 3 just might be fuel prices. In a roundtable discussion, Jami Jones and Mark Schremmer of Land Line Magazine join Scott Thompson to talk about what’s driving the news right now – from fuel prices and the fuel surcharge to the convoy in D.C. and hours-of-service challenges.
Maryland towing reform update
An effort to reform police-dispatched towing in Maryland continues to move forward. We’ll take a look at where that stands, and take a look at OOIDA’s 2022 state legislative agenda.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Are you involved in organizing a truck show? We want to make other truckers aware of your event. Email information about your event to LandLineNow@ooida.com.
- Marty Ellis and the Spirit of the American Trucker are at the Petro in Atlanta, Ga. That’s at Exit 12 off Interstate 285. Find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- OOIDA members can find the OOIDA fuel surcharge calculator here. You can also get the cost per mile calculator here.
- See everything OOIDA’s Business Services Department has to offer here. And you can contact them at 816-229-5791.
- If you’re a trucker not receiving Land Line Magazine and you’d like to, you can sign up here. It’s free!
- Be sure to check out the Fighting for Truckers website. Remember, it’s never too late to contact your lawmakers. You can do that via the website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- Find out how to listen to Land Line Now on TNC Radio.
- You can donate to the Truckers for Troops fund all year.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.