Land Line Now, July 30, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Fuel prices have been biting drivers in the backside, but there’s a way to take the sting out. Plus, the latest on infrastructure talks.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
The House passes a major spending authorization bill; Canada certifies its first ELD under the new mandate; and it’s not everyone’s cup of tea.
II. Relief from biting fuel prices
Fuel prices have been biting drivers in the backside in recent weeks, but there’s a way to take the sting out and save more than 30 cents a gallon right now.
III. Spirit of the American Trucker
The skipper of the OOIDA tour truck also has fuel on his mind, with drivers bending his ear about fuel prices, surcharges and more.
IV. Bipartisan infrastructure package
Another step forward on a bipartisan infrastructure package, but not very many details.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Starting Sunday, Marty Ellis and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the TA in Troy, Ill. That’s at Exit 18 off Interstates 55 and 70. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- Be sure to check out the new Fighting for Truckers website. And remember, it’s never too late to contact your lawmakers. You can do that via the website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- You can find upcoming truck shows and events here.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.