Land Line Now, Feb. 25, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Record cold in Texas temporary shut down some refineries, which could raise diesel prices. We’ll explain what’s happened and how to cope.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
OOIDA has some concerns over a worker classification rule. The President orders a sweeping review of the supply chain. And a belligerent chicken baffles police in Illinois.
II. OOIDA to feds: Let the people lease on
The Department of Labor is tweaking its definition of who or is not an independent contractor, and OOIDA says they need to ensure leased owner-operators can still operate as one.
III. Heavier trucks a step closer
Indiana is a step closer to allowing significantly heavier trucks on its roads, while Pennsylvania eyes a change to a rule that makes tow trucks haul disabled tractor-trailers to the nearest safe location.
IV. Diesel price could be increased by recent record cold
The recent record cold in Texas may soon have a significant impact on your life – especially the price you pay for fuel. We’ll explain what’s happening, how it might affect you and what you can do about it.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Starting Saturday, Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the TA in Hillsboro, Texas. That’s at Exit 370 off Interstate 35. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon also is giving away free protective masks.
- The comment period closes Monday for FMCSA’s proposal to require an annual rear impact guard inspection. You can submit comments here.
- Read the latest update on hours of service here.
- Read about state legislation, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State.
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.