Land Line Now, Feb. 19, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
A freight upturn should soon be on its way, with the winter slump continuing and rates bottoming out; meanwhile, diesel prices continue to drop.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
The Connecticut legislature delays a vote on truck-only tolling again; a trucking company closes its doors after 48 years; and hold the pickles, hold the lettuce, delivery burgers, don’t upset us – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. Getting authority can be complex
A lot of people are considering getting their own authority – but many complications lie in the path of anyone who wants to do that. We’ll explore some of what you need to know.
III. Freight slump may end soon
The winter slump continues as rates bottom out, but that means an upturn should soon be on its way. Also, diesel prices continue to drop even as oil prices are buoyed by a new sanction against a Russian oil company.
IV. Democrat infrastructure plan
Several of the Democratic candidates for president recent gathered in Nevada to discuss their plans for the nation’s infrastructure. We’ll bring you what they said and why it’s important to you.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA’s TRACER system has issued an alert on a stolen 2015 Freightliner Cascadia. Find more information on the TRACER website or call 202-246-2698 if you have information.
- Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the TA in San Antonio, Texas, located at Exit 583 on Interstate 10. Find the upcoming Spirit stops here.
- If you want to get your own authority and need help, call OOIDA’s Permits and Licensing Department at 816-229-5791.
- Get more information about the freight market.
- Keep up to date on fuel prices.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website.