Land Line Now, Feb. 10, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Where have freight rates been, and where are they likely to go? January spot rates tumbled, but things seem to be leveling out in February.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Winter weather continues to keep much of the nation on ice. A major trucking company files suit against a major criminal operation. And the tale of the tiger and the interstate.
II. Charity struggles during pandemic
Truckers Final Mile struggles now under the weight of the pandemic, while a new product promises to protect your cab from the coronavirus. Also, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers may have won the Super Bowl, but a Kansas City Chiefs fan has a rig that’s a living, breathing tribute to his favorite team.
III. Freight rates level out
Where have freight rates been, and where are they likely to go? January saw spot rates take a tumble, but things seem to be leveling out in February. DAT explains.
IV. What’s in the relief bill for transportation?
A pandemic relief bill is making its way through Congress using an expedited procedure – and part of it deals with transportation. We’ll explain what’s in the bill and how it might affect you.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the Petro in El Paso, Texas. That’s at Exit 37 off Interstate 10. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon is also giving away free protective masks.
- You can watch this video to find out how Sparta’s antimicrobial fights COVID-19.
- Truckers Final Mile has seen a surge in requests while one of its primary fundraisers has dried up. To help, find more information here.
- Get more information about the freight market. And you can find loads at OOIDA Members Edge.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.