Land Line Now, July 29, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Freight rates are rising on average, but the pandemic has led to a volatile marketplace, so your mileage may vary. Also, local transportation ballot issues.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Texas waives HOS regs in response to Hurricane Hanna. Oklahoma raises the speed limit on some of its turnpikes, and an Australian pub gets its feathers ruffled over some unwanted guests.
II. Freight rates looking good
Freight rates are rising on average, but the pandemic is creating a volatile marketplace, so your mileage may vary.
III. Local voters to decide on road funding
Sacramento voters will not get to vote on a transportation tax, while voters in one Washington state town will.
IV. Next stimulus could put more cash in your pocket
Americans could be in for another $1,200 check, and small trucking operations that received a government loan might be able to get another. We’ll have details about the Republican COVID-19 relief bill and negotiations with Democrats.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has set up an online resource to provide direct access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 – Facts for Truckers logo on the OOIDA or Land Line Media websites.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- The Pennsylvania DOT is seeking driver input on road safety issues with its annual Highway Safety Survey. You can take the survey here.
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Starting Thursday, Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker will be at the TA in Morris, Ill., located at Exit 112B off Interstate 80. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon also has face masks, if you’re in need.
- Get more information about the freight market. And you can find loads at OOIDA Members Edge.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.