Land Line Now, Feb. 26, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
The freight market is showing some signs of life after a weeks-long slump. Meanwhile, diesel prices continue to drop as oil plummets on coronavirus fears.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Congressmen speak out against a truck-only vehicle miles traveled tax; NAFTA numbers take another hit; and that’s one way to deal with road kill – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. What to do when tire pressure suddenly drops
Knowing what to do when you experience a sudden loss of tire pressure on the road is a critical skill every trucker should have. Also, this year’s UCR fees have been determined, so it’s time for truckers to pay up.
III. Freight market shows a little improvement
The freight market is starting to show some small signs of life after a weeks-long slump. Meanwhile, diesel prices continue to drop – though not by as much this week – as oil plummets on fears of the coronavirus.
IV. Autopilot cited in wreck investigation
The National Transportation Safety Board says some wrecks it has recently investigated were caused in part by problems with technology. And the results of their work could have an impact on trucking.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the TA in Hillsboro, Texas, Exit 370 on Interstate 35. Find the upcoming Spirit stops here.
- Find out what Michelin has to offer here.
- Learn more information or complete UCR registration online.
- You can contact OOIDA’s Permits and Licensing Department at 816-229-5791.
- Get more information about the freight market.
- Keep up to date on fuel prices.
- Read the NTSB’s recent news release on the Tesla crash investigation.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website.
- A truck driver in Georgia has offered a $3,000.00 reward for information leading to the return of his missing 20-year-old daughter – Keeslyn Noell Roberts. She was last seen on Jan. 18 at the Flying J in Resaca, Ga. She is 5 feet, 6 inches tall, 125 pounds with blonde hair and blue eyes, has a sea turtle tattoo on her right arm and gauged ear piercings. Anyone with information should call 706-629-1244.