FMCSA has found itself once again without an administrator, or a nominee to become one. So who’s running things right now, and what’s next?
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
I. Today’s news with Scott Thompson
The trucker sentenced to 110 years in prison gets another day in court. The vaccine mandate for large employers is headed to the Supreme Court. And scratch-and-sniff stickers? Sure. But how about a lick-and-taste television?’
II. Hopeful signs for trucking in 2021
The year 2021 has been a lousy one in a lot of ways. But hopeful signs of progress on trucking issues and of officials more willing to listen to truckers have been part of the past 12 months as well. We’ll review some of the good and bad from this year on the regulatory front.
III. Road taxes and tolls
Wyoming is looking at several ways it can increase road funding, while Washington state is going the other direction, with lawmakers there discussing the removal of tolls from the a bridge 10 years earlier than anticipated.
IV. FMCSA – with Joshi gone, who’s in charge?
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration has found itself once again without an administrator, or a nominee to become one. We’ll discuss what’s happening at the agency right now, plus what’s next in Congress.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- A reminder that you can use paper logs for up to eight days while you’re having issues with your ELD. But after that, you need to request an extension by sending an email to ELD-Extension@dot.gov.
- Starting Monday, Marty Ellis and the Spirit of the American Trucker will be at the TA in Terrell, Texas. That’s at Exit 503 off Interstate 20. Find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- To read about state legislation, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News by State.
- View the most recent notices on the Bulletin Board.
- You can find upcoming truck shows and events here.
- Be sure to check out the Fighting for Truckers website. Remember, it’s never too late to contact your lawmakers. You can do that via the website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- You can donate to the Truckers for Troops fund all year long.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.