Land Line Now, Oct. 11, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
The recent Guilty By Association Truck Show included the FMCSA’s director of enforcement and compliance answering truckers’ questions.
I. Today’s news with Scott Thompson
Trucking employment numbers continue to rebound from pandemic losses. Navistar faces lawsuit over May data breach. And there’s just one thing that can relieve the pain of losing a wallet, even if it’s 47 years late.
II. FMCSA’s DeLorenzo on clearinghouse, hours of service and more
The Guilty By Association Truck Show held recently in Joplin, Mo., wasn’t all fun and games. The event also included a town hall meeting featuring the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s director of enforcement and compliance.
III. The betterment clause and your truck
If you’ve had to make an insurance claim on an old piece of equipment, you might be familiar with something called the betterment clause. We’ll explain what you need to know about it.
IV. Autonomous trucks, electric vehicles and staged crashes
Federal officials and some industrial and tech concerns are working hard to bring autonomous and electric trucks to market – or even require them. Meanwhile, a case in Louisiana has highlighted the problem with staged wrecks in trucking.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Prepare for detours south of Denver this week. Crews are shutting down parts of southbound I-25 near Larkspur for two nights. Get details on the project here.
- The OOIDA Foundation will offer the Truck to Success seminar Oct. 26 to 28. You can learn more or register here.
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Starting Tuesday, Marty Ellis and the Spirit of the American Trucker will be at the TA in Fort Bridger, Wyo. That’s at Exit 30 off Interstate 80. Find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- Find out more about OOIDA’s Truck Insurance program here.
- Be sure to check out the new Fighting for Truckers website. And remember, it’s never too late to contact your lawmakers. You can do that via the website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- If you have specific questions or want to report a problem facing truckers, either call OOIDA at 816-229-5791, or email Questions@ooida.com.