LLN (10/19/18) – FMCSA may change more regulations, including those covering agricultural commodities, vision and more. Also, how the collection process for drug tests works. And Jon Osburn discusses common trucking problems along the Eastern Seaboard.
0:00 – 10:11 – Newscast
10:11 – 24:41 – Collections for drug tests
24:42 – 39:11 – East Coast trucker problems
39:11 – 49:22 – Regulatory changes at FMCSA
- Mary McKenna reports that a list of the top 100 Truck Stops in the U.S. and Canada as rated by truckers is out. The list is provided by the mobile app Trucker Path. To read the complete list along with the must-stops for food, visit Trucker Path online.
Every trucker out there today is familiar with drug testing. And while a lot of the process happens out of view of the trucker, everyone has experienced the collection process. I’ll find out what you need to know about that from Steve Nickell of CMCI, OOIDA’s drug testing consortium.
- You can find out more on OOIDA’s CMCI program online.
- Or call 800-288-3784.
- Related content: Keeping you compliant on drug testing.
Jon Osburn is finding that common trucking problems like hours of service, ELDs and truck parking just get worse when you’re in a heavily populated are like the Eastern Seaboard. Mark Reddig talks with the man who drives the Spirit of the American trucker.
- See Jon’s full schedule, “The Spirit” Schedule.
- Related content:
And finally, the FMCSA is pursuing some regulatory changes that could affect your operation – but not all of the news is bad. Mark Reddig gets an update from Jay Grimes of OOIDA’s Washington, D.C., office.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that at FightingForTruckers.com.
- To call members of Congress, dial 202-224-3121.
- Read OOIDA’s Guide to Contacting Lawmakers.
- Related content: