Land Line Now, Feb. 12, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
What appears to be an FMCSA letter has cost some truckers hundreds, but it is not what it appears to be. We’ll explain how you can tell.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
The fallout from winter weather continues in much of the country. President Biden meets with lawmakers to talk infrastructure. And they take their chain laws seriously in Norway.
II. FMCSA letter? Check before you take another step
Most junk mail or spam is an irritant, but it isn’t really harmful. However, some truckers have received messages that caused them to spend hundreds of dollars unnecessarily. So how do you tell what is and is not something you should respond to? We’ll have a scam alert, and some advice.
III. Continuing quest for sit-down restaurants
Jon Osburn says truckers are eager to know what the federal government is going to do regarding issues such as underride guards, insurance requirements or speed limiters. But higher up on their minds – where to find a good, open sit-down restaurant.
IV. Transportation talk at the White House
Yesterday, President Biden, several senators, the secretary of transportation and others met to discuss how to fix the nation’s ailing infrastructure. And roads and bridges were chief on the list.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Starting Saturday, Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the Henry Albert TA in Laredo, Texas. That’s at Exit 13 off Interstate 35. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon also is giving away free protective masks.
- You can find more information on OOIDA’s CMCI services online or call 800-288-3784.
- See how OOIDA’s Permits and Licensing department can help you.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.