Land Line Now, June 25, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
The FMCSA is investigating complaints by carriers against brokers. Also, we discuss how marijuana legalization is affecting trucker safety.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Mullen says FMCSA is investigating broker complaints; New York, New Jersey and Connecticut issue joint travel restrictions; and help a trucker find his lost kitty! It’s today’s news in trucking.
II. Broker complaints draw FMCSA scrutiny
The FMCSA is investigating complaints by carriers against brokers. Also, an upcoming UCR deadline and a discussion of how marijuana legalization is affecting trucker safety.
III. Tennessee targets ticket quotas
A bill in Tennessee would put an end to police going on ticket-writing sprees to meet ticket quotas. Also, information about upcoming primaries.
IV. Confusion over insurance increase plan
Some calls by truckers opposing an increase in insurance requirements are leaving members of Congress confused, and pulling attention away from the central effort to stop it.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has set up an online resource to provide direct access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 – Facts for Truckers logo on the OOIDA or Land Line Media websites.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- Starting July 7, Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the Steen Gronlund Petro in Laramie, Wyo. That’s at Exit 310 on Interstate 80. Find the upcoming Spirit stops here.
- View OOIDA’s complete guide to Regulatory Issues.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- An animal rescue group in Illinois is looking for help in reuniting a truck driver with his lost cat – a young white Siamese flame point with blue eyes – lost on northbound Interstate 39 near Tonica, Ill., Tuesday morning. If you see the cat in that area, call 815-791-1061.