LLN (9/6/18) – The FMCSA wants to hear from truckers about hours of service. Also, from nonconsensual towing to left lane laws, OOIDA is working to make life better for truckers. And the truck parking situation is worse since the ELD mandate, but what’s being done about it?
0:00 – 10:09 Newscast
10:09 – 27:17 It’s time to speak up on HOS
25:17 – 39:26 Tackling trucking issues at the state level
39:26 – 50:04 Is there a solution for truck parking trouble?
- The American Transportation Institute wants to know how detention time affects your productivity, safety and hours of service compliance. You can participate in the survey here.
- Bridgestone has issued a voluntary recall for some of its tires. The tires are all-position, wide-base, radial, commercial truck tires. The recall affects about 2700 tires. The company says the tires fail to comply with an endurance test requirement. They also have a risk of exposure of steel body cords in the sidewall, which would lead to further deterioration. You can find out more information here.
The FMCSA wants to hear from you on hours of service. Terry Scruton talks about the latest opportunity to make your voice heard – and gets an update on the glider kit collusion investigation – with Jay Grimes of OOIDA’s Washington, D.C., office.
- The second in a series of four listening sessions concerning potential changes in the Hours of Service regulations will take place from 1 until 3 p.m. Eastern Friday, Sept. 14, in Washington, D.C. The agency will offer a live stream for those unable to attend. You can submit questions during the session at ListeningSession@dot.gov.
- Read Land Line Magazine’s coverage here: FMCSA sets date for second HOS listening session.
- Find more information about the glider kit investigation here: Office of Inspector General to investigate allegations of collusion between EPA, Volvo.
- View OOIDA’s complete guide to Regulatory Issues.
- If you have questions you would like answered you can call our Listener Comment Line at 800-324-6856.
From non-consensual towing to left lane laws, OOIDA is working to make life better for truckers on a number of fronts. OOIDA’s manager of government affairs, Mike Matousek, talks with Terry Scruton.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit the OOIDA Legislative page.
The truck parking situation is worse since the advent of the ELD mandate. Meanwhile, what’s being done about it? We’ll talk about that – and take a look at a high level meeting this week in Washington, D.C. – with OOIDA Director of Safety and Security Operations Doug Morris.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that at FightingForTruckers.com.
- To call members of Congress, dial 202-224-3121.
- Read OOIDA’s Guide to Contacting Lawmakers.
- Learn more about truck parking: The Parking Zone – August 2018.