Land Line Now, April 9, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
The FMCSA has extended its emergency order allowing truckers who haul pandemic-related relief supplies an exemption from the hours of service.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
A Utah executive order would make everyone check in at the border; Natso lobbies against rest area food trucks; and New York gets its goat – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. FMCSA extends emergency order
The FMCSA has extended its emergency order allowing truckers who haul pandemic-related relief supplies an exemption from the hours of service. Meanwhile, some states have taken action to help truckers who use rest areas.
III. Helping truckers through the pandemic
Jon Osburn continues to help truckers through the coronavirus pandemic, many of whom are coping not only with closed restaurants, but also a steep decline in rates.
IV. States consider lane use rule changes
States across the country are considering changes to their rules for who can use what lane on what highway in what circumstances.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has set up an online resource to provide direct access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 – Facts for Truckers logo on the OOIDA or Land Line Media websites.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email email@example.com.
- Find out more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Starting Friday, Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the Petro in Kingdom City, Mo., at Exit 148 on Interstate 70. Find the upcoming Spirit stops here.
- View OOIDA’s complete guide to Regulatory Issues.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website.