Land Line Now, Aug. 26, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
The FMCSA issues regional emergency declarations to deal with Hurricane Laura, extends the pandemic emergency declaration and gets a new administrator.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Hurricane Laura poses a dangerous threat to the Gulf Coast; cross-border freight got a big bump in June; and my guess is he lost a bet – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. Hurricane emergency declarations
The FMCSA has issued regional emergency declarations to deal with Hurricane Laura, extended the pandemic emergency declaration, considers a requested dashcam exemption and gets ready for a new administrator.
III. Hurricanes, freight and rates.
Hurricane Laura has pushed COVID-19 to the side – at least temporarily – in terms of freight and rates this week.
IV. New report aims at emissions.
Congressional Democrats continue to stress efforts to reduce emissions from transportation – including trucking – and a new Senate report is the latest development.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- Read the FMCSA regional emergency declaration for Hurricane Laura and Tropical Storm Marco.
- Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker are at the TA Express in Steele, N.D., at Exit 200 off Interstate 94. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon has free face masks as well as pneumonia and shingles vaccine vouchers.
- You can find OOIDA’s complete guide to Regulatory Issues here.
- Get more information about the freight market. And you can find loads at OOIDA Members Edge.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.