Land Line Now, Sept. 23, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Wiley Deck speaks about hours of service, ELDs, hair testing and FMCSA pilot programs – and breaks news about broker transparency.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
The Department of Labor weighs in on worker classification; cross border freight was on the rise in July; and…I am not a cook!
II. Good rate news ahead
Spot rates are in their 21st week of successive increases and, with holiday season around the corner, 2020 could finish strong.
III. FMCSA chief Part I – ELDs, HOS and more
The FMCSA is under new leadership for the second time in less than a year. Wiley Deck takes over at a time of great change. In Part I of a Land Line Now exclusive, Deck speaks about the hours-of-service rule changes, a new commercial driver panel, a younger drivers pilot program and ELD cybersecurity.
IV. FMCSA chief Part II – hair testing, broker transparency
Wiley Deck returns for more, including a discussion of hair testing and breaking news about action on broker transparency.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- Starting Thursday, Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker will be at 4 State Trucks in Joplin, Mo., located at Exit 4 off Interstate 44. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon has free face masks as well as pneumonia and shingles vaccine vouchers.
- The Chrome Shop Mafia has delayed the Guilty by Association Truck Show until 2021. However, they will offer a live streaming event Sept. 25. Find out more here.
- OOIDA web conferencing Truck to Success course is scheduled for Oct. 26-28.
- Get more information about the freight market. And you can find loads at OOIDA Members Edge.
- Express your opinions with your members of Congress by dialing 202-224-3121 or by writing a letter to them using the website fightingfortruckers.com.