LLN (8/2/18) – The FMCSA addresses autonomous vehicles at a recent MCSAC meeting. We’ll have that, plus: states changing rules for left lane use; one state’s move to all-electronic tolls; upcoming truck shows; and a longer livestock ELD exemption, the split sleeper berth pilot program and heavier trucks get attention in Congress.
0:00 – 10:10 – Newscast
10:10 – 24:52 – Autonomous vehicles
24:52 – 40:11 – Left-lane rules; all-electronic tolls; truck shows
40:11 – 50:23 – Livestock ELD exemption; split sleeper berth
Gerald Engebretson of New Auburn, Wis., has been recognized by the Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association for 18 years of safe, accident-free driving as part of the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
The South Dakota Department of Revenue has issued a warning about a fictitious trucking dealership called South Dakota Trucks claiming to be located in Rapid City. They are urging consumers to take caution in any business dealings with the company. The Department of Revenue’s motor vehicle division has determined that the company’s inventory is already titled in other states through various motor vehicle dealers. Anyone who has fallen victim to this scam is encouraged to contact the Consumer Protection Division in their respective state.
- If you have questions you can call the South Dakota Motor Vehicle Division at 605-773-3541
- South Dakota’s Consumer Protection division may be reached by phone at 605-773-4400.
FMCSA administrator Ray Martinez had some things to say about autonomous vehicles at the recent meeting of the Motor Carrier Safety Advisory Committee. Terry Scruton covers that and other federal issues with Jay Grimes of OOIDA’s Washington, D.C., office.
- View OOIDA’s complete guide to Regulatory Issues;
- If you have questions you would like answered you can call our Listener Comment Line at 800-324-6856.
States across the country are looking at changes to the rules for how you use the left lane. Plus one state has made the move to all-electronic tolls. Terry Scruton gets the details from Land Line Magazine’s Keith Goble. To read about legislation in a particular state, visit the OOIDA Legislative page.
A longer livestock exemption from ELDs, the split sleeper berth pilot program and heavier trucks all received attention this week. Mark Reddig and OOIDA’s Jay Grimes discuss what’s happening and how it will affect you.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that at FightingForTruckers.com.
- To call members of Congress, dial 202-224-3121;
- Read OOIDA’s Guide to Contacting Lawmakers.