For the past two years, we’ve had a bit of a break from one of the more common seasonal illnesses – influenza. But that may be coming to an end. Looking ahead, COVID-19 and flu are both expected to spread during fall and winter. So how do you protect yourself and your family? And what do you do if you get the flu this winter?
Listen to our full show
For the past two years, we’ve had a bit of a break from one of the more common seasonal illnesses – influenza. But that may be coming to an end. We’ll have some advice. Also, there are lots of ways you can pretty up your rig, but few things have as much impact as paint. However, whether it’s a traditional paint scheme or something more ornate, you now have an option – vinyl wraps. And over the past few years, OOIDA has been a lynchpin in a multiple-state effort to address nonconsensual towing. We’ll discuss those efforts as part of our series marking OOIDA’s 50th anniversary.
Catch up on the news with Scott Thompson
Diesel prices continue ticking downward. OOIDA minces no words in opposition to FMCSA’s proposal on unique electronic IDs. And the final numbers from OOIDA’s Truckers for Troops telethon are in.
Paint vs. vinyl wraps
There are lots of ways you can pretty up your rig, but few things have as much impact as paint. However, whether it’s a traditional paint scheme or something more ornate, you now have an option – vinyl wraps. We’ll talk with Bryan Martin of the Chrome Shop Mafia.
Fixing the non-consensual towing problem
Over the past few years, OOIDA has been a lynchpin in a multi-state effort to address non-consensual towing. OOIDA’s Doug Morris handles state affairs for the Association, and as part of our series to mark OOIDA’s 50th anniversary, we spoke with him about the problem and what solutions have been put in place to deal with it.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Starting Monday, Marty Ellis and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the Petro in Knoxville, Tenn. That’s at Exit 369 on Interstate 40. Find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- Be sure to check out Chrome Shop Mafia and 4 State Trucks. If you have a question you’d like to ask Bryan about truck mods or technical issues, you can email him at BossManonLandLineNow@ChromeShopMafia.com.
- Find out more about Occupational Health Systems, here.
- You can find out more about the St. Christopher Fund at on their official website. You can also get vouchers for free flu, pneumonia and shingles vaccinations.
- Remember, it’s never too late to contact your lawmakers. You can do that via the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- You can donate to the Truckers for Troops fund all year.
- Find out how to listen to Land Line Now on TNC Radio.