Land Line Now, Dec. 7, 2021
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Florida’s governor wants state lawmakers to provide motorists with a gas tax holiday, while Michigan eyes speed cameras in work zones.
I. Today’s news with Greg Grisolano
OOIDA gives a big Christmas present to a group that helps homeless veterans. Another sizable drop in the price of diesel. And a former NASCAR driver’s lawsuit means you could soon place a bet at your favorite Virginia truck stop.
II. What to do when you get a ticket
There are a number of decisions you need to make after getting a ticket. One of the first should be calling an attorney. Next is whether to fight it. We’ll have some advice.
III. Florida gas tax payers may get a break
Florida’s governor wants state lawmakers to provide motorists with a gas tax holiday. Meanwhile, talks continue at the Michigan statehouse on allowing speed enforcement cameras in work zones.
IV. An opportunity on truck parking
While nothing in the new bipartisan infrastructure bill requires money to be spent on truck parking, that does not mean it cannot be spent on that. In fact, OOIDA is trying to get the Federal Highway Administration to move forward with a program.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- The Oregon Department of Transportation is seeking residents’ input to help shape the future of the state transportation system. You can learn more about the plan here.
- OOIDA has issued a Call to Action asking members to reach out and give the FHWA input how to spend new infrastructure funding. You can send your comments here.
- Starting Thursday, Marty Ellis and the Spirit of the American Trucker will be at the TA in Sweetwater, Texas. That’s at Exit 242 off Interstate 20. Find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- You can get more information from Road Law here or send an email here.
- To read about state legislation, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News by State.
- View the most recent notices on the Bulletin Board.
- Be sure to check out the Fighting for Truckers website. Remember, it’s never too late to contact your lawmakers. You can do that via the website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- You can donate to the Truckers for Troops fund all year long.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- Write a review of the doctor who performed your DOT physical or read other reviews, Certified Medical Examiner Review at OOIDA.com.
- You can find a location to get a COVID-19 vaccination by entering a zip code into the website VaccineFinder.org, by texting your zip code to 438829, or by calling 1-800-232-0233.
- Truckers can receive vouchers for free flu, pneumonia and shingles vaccinations. Email the St. Christopher Fund at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 865-544-8145.
- The long-term Oregon Transportation Plan is taking input via an online open house through Dec. 22.