LLN (10/15/19) – OOIDA has long pushed for improvements to the regs that guide when you can work – and its message this week to FMCSA is that flexibility is the key to hours of service. We’ll have the details. Also, a well-known trucker checks one off her bucket list. What stands between Massachusetts and $18 billion in transportation money? And a Delaware effort to keep slower traffic to the right.
0:00-10:10 – Newscast.
10:10-24:14 – What’s on the bucket list?
24:14-38:43 – Massachusetts highway money; Delaware’s right lane; Bulletin Board.
38:43-48:22 – OOIDA to FMCSA – maximum flexibility is better on hours of service.
- The three task forces charged with bringing three new toll road projects to Florida will be holding their first individual public meetings later this month.
- You can find more information about the meetings here.
- Read more on the plan here: Plan for three Florida toll roads can move forward.
- Nov. 11 is the start of the 2019 Truckers for Troops campaign. That week, you can join OOIDA for a discount and 10% of your membership will send care packages to troops overseas and help returning veterans, with OOIDA matching those donations.
- Read more here: Annual Truckers for Troops telethon begins Veterans Day.
- The OOIDA Foundation has EPA grants to pay for 25% of the cost for an auxiliary power unit. Drivers need to have a model year 1996 through 2006 truck and be based in Kansas, Missouri, Iowa or Nebraska. OOIDA membership is not required, but OOIDA members can get discounts on EPA-approved units.
- Go to OOIDA Foundation website for details.
- Learn more about the grant here: OOIDA Foundation secures regional grant to offset cost of APU for truckers.
Suzanne Stempinski loves to drive trucks, but she also loves adventure, so she decided to try her hand at driving another kind of vehicle – a 64-foot-luxury yacht. Terry Scruton gets the story from everyone’s favorite Happy Hamster.
Massachusetts’ governor is pushing for an $18 billion bond issue to pay for transportation work. Mary McKenna covers that – plus a Delaware effort to keep slower traffic to the right – with our state legislative experts, Mike Matousek and Keith Goble.
- Read more from Land Line Magazine: Massachusetts governor testifies on his $18 billion transportation bond bill.
- You can also read Delaware bill says ‘stay to the right’.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
Terry Scruton and Mary McKenna bring us important notices from the Land Line Now Community Bulletin Board.
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
OOIDA has long pushed for improvements to the hours-of-service regulations – and its message this week to FMCSA is “maximum flexibility.” Mary McKenna discusses the Association’s comments on the proposed hours-of-service changes with Jay Grimes of OOIDA’s Washington, D.C., office.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website.
- To call members of Congress, dial 202-224-3121.
- Read OOIDA’s Guide to Contacting Lawmakers.
- You can read more from Land Line Magazine: