LLN (9/20/18) – The FMCSA wants to hear truckers speak out on hours of service in a number of upcoming listening sessions. Also, Michigan may make it expensive to bypass a weigh station. Meanwhile, Utah eyes a possible fuel tax for education. We’ll have information about upcoming truck shows. And the story behind California’s adoption of the ELD regulation.
0:00 – 10:10 – Newscast
10:10 – 24:40 – Maintenance intervals
24:40 – 39:20 – The hurricane and freight rates; fuel prices up
39:20 – 49:32 – Election preview; effect on trucking
- John C. Taylor of Cross Junction, Va., has been recognized by the Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association for 68 years of safe, accident-free driving as part of the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program. Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
The FMCSA wants to hear from truckers in a number of upcoming listening sessions. Terry Scruton gets the latest on those plus a look at why the administration is asking manufacturers for information on ELDs with Jay Grimes of OOIDA’s Washington, D.C., office.
- As part of FMCSA’s announcement on current HOS regulations, the agency is hosting a listening session in Reno, Nev., on Saturday, Sept. 22 from 10am-Noon local time at the National Automobile Museum (10 S. Lake Street, Reno, NV, 89501). Click here for more information and to register for the event. For those not able to attend in person, the listening session will be webcast via YouTube. You can submit questions during the live stream to ListeningSession@dot.gov.
- Be sure to file your comments on HOS. You can file them here.
- View OOIDA’s complete guide to Regulatory Issues.
- If you have questions you would like answered you can call our Listener Comment Line at 800-324-6856.
Michigan may soon make it expensive to bypass a weigh station. Terry discusses that – plus a possible fuel tax for education – with our state legislative expert, Keith Goble. Also, the FMCSA will meet with truckers this Saturday in Reno, Nev. OOIDA has issued a Call to Action, and we’ll have the details. And Mary McKenna and Mark Reddig offer information about upcoming truck shows on the Land Line Now Industry Calendar.
- Read more from Land Line Magazine, Michigan bill would boost fine for bypassing weigh station.
- You can also read Land Line Magazine’s, ELECTION 2018: Utah voters to weigh in on increased fuel tax for education use.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit the OOIDA Legislative page.
As we reported earlier this week, California has adopted the ELD regulations into the state’s laws and regulations, opening the door for state enforcement. But as usual, there’s more to the story than just that. Mark Reddig gets the information you need from OOIDA Director of Safety and Security Operations Doug Morris.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that at FightingForTruckers.com.
- To call members of Congress, dial 202-224-3121;
- Read OOIDA’s Guide to Contacting Lawmakers.