Land Line Now, March 4, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
A federal agency indicates that a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine may soon roll out to truckers via truck stops, something OOIDA pushed for.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
The former Transportation Secretary is accused of misusing her office. The nominee for Deputy Transportation Secretary says we need to address truck driver retention. And a different kind of border bust.
II. OOIDA speaks out on underrides, classification
OOIDA has spoken out on behalf of truckers on adding the ICC bumper to annual inspections and a rule to clarify who is and is not an independent contractor, while Congress moves toward confirming a top DOT nominee.
III. North Dakota moves closer to road trains
North Dakota lawmakers are slowly but surely moving toward allowing longer, heavier trucks reminiscent of Australian road trains onto state roads. Meanwhile, Michigan lawmakers are assembling an effort to give local governments more control of road repair priorities – and more money to fix them.
IV. COVID-19 vaccine for truckers in the works
A federal agency is indicating that a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine may soon roll out to truckers via truck stops, while Canada struggles to roll out its ELD rule.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- The OOIDA Foundation offers a series of free, online classes on getting your own authority. The first videos in the series can be found on YouTube or OOIDA’s online education page.
- Starting Friday, Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the TA in Terrell, Texas. That’s at Exit 503 off Interstate 20. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon also is giving away free protective masks.
- You can read more about OOIDA’s stance on underride guards here.
- Find out more about the Department of Labor’s delayed implementation date for Independent Contractor Rule.
- View OOIDA’s complete guide to Regulatory Issues.
- Read about state legislation, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State.
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.