Land Line Now, July 22, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
A recent warning from the FBI confirms some of the biggest concerns about ELDs. Also, studies unfavorable to safety tech, concerns over medical conditions.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
The FBI says ELDs could pose a serious security risk; the lawsuit against Rhode Island’s truck-only tolls is being allowed to move forward; and when life gives you lemons – you get a bailout? It’s today’s news in trucking.
II. Studies cast doubt on safety tech, focus on medical conditions
Truckers think the bulk of new safety technology isn’t so great for safety, according to a new study. Meanwhile, another study says more experienced truckers with treated medical conditions are among the safest on the road.
III. A hazy future for freight, rates
Freight and rates remain steady, but the future looks hazy as uncertainties linger over the COVID-19 pandemic.
IV. ELDs a hacking risk, FBI says
A recent warning from the FBI confirms some of the biggest concerns about ELDs. We’ll examine what’s involved and how big a problem it is.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has set up an online resource to provide direct access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 – Facts for Truckers logo on the OOIDA or Land Line Media websites.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- Starting Friday, Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker will be at the Top Gun Largecar Shootout in Rantoul, Ill., at the Rantoul National Aviation Center. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon also has face masks, if you’re in need.
- Find out more about the OOIDA Foundation.
- Get more information about the freight market. And you can find loads at OOIDA Members Edge.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.