Land Line Now, Dec. 16, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
A Navajo Code Talkers fallen flag goes missing and fate intervenes in bringing all parties together for the reunion. Plus, Buttigieg tapped to lead DOT.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Biden makes his transportation pick official; a major snowstorm hits the northeast; and a golfing tall “tail,” Florida style.
II. Fallen flag reunion
A Navajo Code Talkers fallen flag that went missing finds safe harbor when a trucker stumbles upon it, and fate intervenes in bringing all parties together for the heartfelt reunion.
III. Freight and rates cooling off
Freight and rates seem to be cooling off as we head into the end of the year.
IV. Buttigieg tapped to lead DOT
Breaking down President-elect Biden’s choice of Pete Buttigieg to lead the Department of Transportation.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cell phone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker are at the Travelers Oasis Truck Plaza in Eden, Idaho, located at Exit 182 off Interstate 84. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon Osburn is also giving away free protective masks.
- Get more information about the freight market. And you can find loads at OOIDA Members Edge.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.