Land Line Now, March 23, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
A fast-food giant is taking steps to help truckers get meals while they’re hauling supplies across the country. We’ll have that and other COVID-19 updates.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Feds take action to help truckers during COVID-19 outbreak; FMCSA eases drug and alcohol testing rules; and a trucker’s 13-year-old son uses his allowance to help feed truck drivers – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. COVID-19 resources for truckers
As the COVID 19 coronavirus situation continues to develop, OOIDA and Land Line are trying to ensure that truckers have all the information they need. We’ll explain what resources are out there and where to find them.
III. Answers to truckers’ COVID-19 questions
Truckers are calling OOIDA in significant numbers with very practical questions – things they have to know to continue to run. We’ll have some answers.
IV. Fast food giant steps up for truckers
A fast-food giant is taking steps to help truckers get meals while they’re hauling emergency supplies across the country. We’ll go over that and other federal, state and industry actions.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has set up an online resource to provide direct access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 – Facts for Truckers logo on the OOIDA or Land Line Media websites.
- Have a question about the COVID-19 situation and how it affects you? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report, call OOIDA at 816-229-5791.
- Starting Tuesday, Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the TA in Seymour, Ind., at Exit 50 on Interstate 65. Find the upcoming Spirit stops here.
- You can find out more about what OOIDA’s Business Assistance department does here.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website.